The minimum salary has increased for highly skilled foreign workers for Luxembourg’s Blue Card program from € 71,946 to € 73,296 per year.
The immigration authorities in Luxembourg have also announced a list of shortage occupations to which a lower minimum annual salary of € 58,636.80 applies (1.2 times the average annual salary).
The Luxembourg government has identified a need to attract more non-EU national workers in the following shortage occupations:
- mathematicians, actuaries and statisticians;
- systems analysts;
- software developers;
- web and multimedia developers;
- applications programmers;
- software and application developers and analysts, multimedia developers not listed elsewhere;
- database designers and administrators;
- systems administrators;
- computer network professionals; and
- database and network professionals not elsewhere classified.
Please note that this is general information only and not intended as advice on a specific matter. Please feel free to contact Fakhoury Global Immigration directly with questions exclusive to your situation. This news alert may have been prepared using information from Peregrine Immigration Management, which is licensed to Fakhoury Global Immigration.