Thailand’s Employment Department has recently begun recognizing additional business activities that are not subject to work permit requirements.
The expanded list includes the following activities:
- Attending a conference or seminar for the purposes of gathering information;
- Visiting or viewing an exhibition or trade show;
- Visiting businesses or holding meeting discussions;
- Attending special lectures and educational forums;
- Attending lectures for training and technical seminars;
- Buying products at a trade show; and
- Attending a board meeting or directors meeting at the foreign national’s own company.
Please note that foreign nationals who travel to Thailand for the purposes of being a trainer or speaker at a conference or seminar must still obtain a regular or urgent work permit. Additionally, any foreign nationals who will receive training at the company or work site must also apply for a work permit.
Please note that this is general information only and not intended as advice on a specific matter. Please feel free to contact Fakhoury Global Immigration directly with questions exclusive to your situation. This news alert may have been prepared using information from Peregrine Immigration Management, which is licensed to Fakhoury Global Immigration.