Since April 9th, the Russian government has been accepting 2016 quota applications from companies seeking to employ non-Highly Qualified Specialists and non-CIS nationals. The deadlines are as follows: July 1st, 2015 for 2016 quota applications, and September 1st, 2015 for 2015 “correction” applications. Employers are strongly encouraged to file on time and in accordance with the new rules, as failing to do so may result in the company becoming unable to secure foreign workers for 2016. Application approvals are expected to be released toward the end of 2015 or the beginning of 2016.
Employers should note the following guidelines:
- Companies are to obtain a login name and password for the Migrakvota website. Through this site, they are to complete and submit an application form. Following this step, paper applications are to be submitted on specific dates:
- During one of the following periods: May 17 – 22 or June 15 – 30
- Correction applications for the 2015 quota may be submitted during one of the following periods: July 13 – 24 or August 10 – 31
- Employees who have been granted work through the quota system are to be guaranteed medical insurance and housing by the company.
- The overall number of workers who are to be admitted under the 2016 quota is yet to be announced.
Please note that this is general information only and not intended as advice on a specific matter. Please feel free to contact Fakhoury Global Immigration directly with questions exclusive to your situation. This news alert may have been prepared using information from Peregrine Immigration Management, which is licensed to Fakhoury Global Immigration.