Singapore’s Minister of Finance, Heng Swee Keat, has recently announced that S Pass and Work Permit levies will be increased as of July 1, 2016. S Pass holders among all industries and Work Permit holders in the services and construction industries will be affected by the higher levies. Work Permit holders in the marine, manufacturing and process sectors, will be exempt from this increase until 2017 because of a reduction of work permit holders.
S Pass Levy Rates:
- Basic Tier: Will increase to SGD 330 from SGD 315;
- Second Tier: Will increase to SGD 650 from SGD 550;
Work Permit Levy Rates:
- Basic Tier of the Services Sector: Will increase to SGD 450 from SGD 420;
- Tier 2 of the Services Sector: Will increase to SGD 600 from SGD 550;
- Tier 3 of the Services Sector: Will increase to SGD 800 from SGD 700; and
- Basic tier of the Construction Sector: Will increase to SGD 650 from SGD 550, and will further increase to SGD 700 on July 1, 2017.
To view the full Schedule of Foreign Worker Levy changes, click here.
Please note that this is general information only and not intended as advice on a specific matter. Please feel free to contact Fakhoury Global Immigration directly with questions exclusive to your situation. This news alert may have been prepared using information from Peregrine Immigration Management, which is licensed to Fakhoury Global Immigration.