In an effort to boost non-oil revenues, the Saudi Cabinet has implemented new and increased government visa fees. The new and increased fees are listed below, effective October 2, 2016:
- One-time entry fee – SR 2,000 (exempt for travelers performing Jah or Umrah rituals)
- 6 month multi entry visit visa – SR 3,000
- 1 year multi entry visit visa – SR 5,000
- 2 year multi entry visit visa – SR 8,000
- One-time 2 month exit re-entry visa – SR 200 (SR 100 for each additional month);
- 3 month multiple exit re-entry visa – SR 500 (SR 200 for each additional month); previously, this type of visa cost SR 500 for 6 months
- Transit visa – SR 300; currently free
- Seaport departure fee – SR 50; currently free
Along with the new and increased government fees, the Saudi Cabinet also approved an amendment to the Traffic Law to make stunt driving a violation. This is all in effort to boost the economy, laid out in its Vision 2030, to become less oil-dependent and raise revenues in other areas.
Please note that this is general information only and not intended as advice on a specific matter. Please feel free to contact Fakhoury Global Immigration directly with questions exclusive to your situation. This news alert may have been prepared using information from Peregrine Immigration Management, which is licensed to Fakhoury Global Immigration.