Two new immigration categories have been introduced, the intra-corporate transferee permit and the long-term mobility permit.

The following are criteria for an intra-corporate transferee permit

  • Issued by another EU Member state;
  • Permitted to work and reside at a company that is the same from their EU member state; and
  • Valid for up to 90 days.

The following are criteria for a long-term mobility permit:

  • Residence Permit; and
  • Available to foreign nationals on an Intra-Corporate Transferee Permit whose stay is longer than 90 days.

Foreign nationals whose stay is longer than 90 days but do not hold an Intra-Corporate Transferee Permit may still apply for one if the following criteria are met:

  • The foreign national must be employed by the sending entity for a minimum of 5-12 months for managers/experts or 3-6 months for trainees;
  • Companies must be linked by common ownership;
  • The foreign national must meet educational requirements;
  • Employment contract or assignment letter;
  • Salary must be consistent with what a local resident would expect to be paid for the same position;
  • Sponsoring entity must fulfill posted workers conditions;
  • Duration of stay is longer in Hungary than the other EU member state;
  • Proof of insurance;
  • Proof of financial support; and
  • Proof of accommodation.

Please note that this is general information only and not intended as advice on a specific matter. Please feel free to contact Fakhoury Global Immigration directly with questions exclusive to your situation. This news alert may have been prepared using information from Peregrine Immigration Management, which is licensed to Fakhoury Global Immigration.