Employers appointing an Employment Pass holder to a board of director’s position within the same corporate group must first obtain a Letter of Consent, a new requirement by the Ministry of Manpower.  In order to qualify for the LOC, the company must show that the corporate group is a parent, subsidiary, shareholder, or somehow related to the EP holders current employer.

An Employment Pass holder who is a board member within its same corporate company must submit an LOC application to the Ministry of Manpower.  The LOC must be renewed with each Employment Pass renewal.

Please note that this is general information only and not intended as advice on a specific matter. Please feel free to contact Fakhoury Global Immigration directly with questions exclusive to your situation. This news alert may have been prepared using information from Peregrine Immigration Management, which is licensed to Fakhoury Global Immigration.