Companies in the European Economic Area and those based in EU Member States that post workers to Romania for new assignments must now notify the Regional Labor Inspectorate (RLI) at least one business day before the start date.
The notification to the RLI must be in Romanian and include the following:
- Details of the Romanian company;
- Details of the sending company, including the full name, address and fiscal identification number;
- Name of the legal representative of the company in Romania;
- Details of the legal representative of the company in Romania, who is designated to serve as liaison with the labor authorities;
- The full name, address and fiscal identification number of the company in Romania;
- The period and purpose of the assignment;
- The full name, date of birth, citizenship, Romanian ID number, and job title of the posted worker; and
- For non-EU assignees, a second declaration containing details of the assignee.
The Romanian company must also keep the following documents, original and copies, on file for at least three years:
- The original registered notification;
- A document confirming the details of the person who represents the company and liaises with the labor inspectorate authorities;
- Information regarding the working schedule and records of daily presence at work; and
- The secondment letter for each posted worker, plus a notarized Romanian translation of the document. The letter must contain the salary (with currency confirmed), details regarding payment, the period of the assignment, the sending and receiving companies, and other general conditions of the secondment. Additionally, it should contain conditions regarding the re-admission of the foreign national, where applicable.
Please note that this is general information only and not intended as advice on a specific matter. Please feel free to contact Fakhoury Global Immigration directly with questions exclusive to your situation. This news alert may have been prepared using information from Peregrine Immigration Management, which is licensed to Fakhoury Global Immigration.