Foreign nationals in Shanghai classified as a Category B worker under the Unified Work Authorization System can now enter under an M, L or other valid visa to submit a work authorization application.

It was required to obtain a Z visa from the consular post abroad, which required to obtain a Notification Letter of Work Permit from the Shanghai Expert Bureau.  The acceptance of the Business (M Visa) or Tourist Visa (L Visa) allows for a quicker processing of the work authorization without having to exit the country.

Currently, this is only administered within Shanghai but may be expanded to other cities.

Please note that this is general information only and not intended as advice on a specific matter. Please feel free to contact Fakhoury Global Immigration directly with questions exclusive to your situation. This news alert may have been prepared using information from Peregrine Immigration Management, which is licensed to Fakhoury Global Immigration.