Effective November 15, 2017, the Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC) will implement four new process improvements regarding processing times, online payment, an improved website, and revised charges.
The current system of processing is as follows:
- Company Assessment – 1 month
- Approval – 5 working days
- Endorsement – handled by Immigration Unit
The Company Assessment will remain as 1 month but the Approval stage will now include the approval from both MDEC and the Immigration Department of Malaysia within 7 working days. The endorsement stage, currently handled by the Immigration Unit in MDEC, will be processed within 2 working days.
Bank cheques/drafts will no longer be accepted by MDEC beginning November 15, as all payments must be submitted online.
The MDEC website has undergone improvements for enhanced upgrades and user ability.
Fees have also been revised, as seen below:
- Employment Pass (EP) – inclusive services of Transfer of Endorsement (TOE) and cancellation of passes) Note: Duration up to three (3) years – RM 2,968
- Dependent Pass (DP) and Social Visit Pass (SVP) – RM 530
- Amendment of Approval Letter – RM 106
We will release more information as it develops.
Please note that this is general information only and not intended as advice on a specific matter. Please feel free to contact Fakhoury Global Immigration directly with questions exclusive to your situation. This news alert may have been prepared using information from Peregrine Immigration Management, which is licensed to Fakhoury Global Immigration.