The overall work permit quotas have increased from 5,500 to 7,000 for non-EU/EEA nationals.
The following contains the current quotas for 2018:
- Local Hire/Permanent – 4,000 (previously 3,000)
- Assignee/seconded – 1,200 (previously 700)
- Intracompany transfer – remains at 700
- Highly skilled (EU Blue Card) – remains at 500
- Interns – remains at 100
- Season – remains at 400
- Cross border workers – remains at 100
The work permit quotas were previously exhausted in November 2017.
Please note that this is general information only and not intended as advice on a specific matter. Please feel free to contact Fakhoury Global Immigration directly with questions exclusive to your situation. This news alert may have been prepared using information from Peregrine Immigration Management, which is licensed to Fakhoury Global Immigration.