Effective April 23, 2018, the Temporary Residence visa for work purposes will be eliminated. However, visas obtained before that date will still be valid.
New visa types are renewable once for the same period, available beginning August 1, 2018
- Temporary Residence Visa of Opportunities (consular application)
- This process will apply for foreign nationals that wish to start up a business or work in Chile for up to 12 months
- Temporary Residence Visa of International Orientation (consular application0
- This process will apply for foreign nationals that hold a university degree that would like to start up a business or work in Chile for up to 12 months
- Temporary Residence Visa of National Orientation
- This process will apply for foreign nationals who have obtained a postgraduate degree in Chile, who would like to work or start up a business in Chile for up to 12 months
Available April 16, 2018, there will be a new visa applicable for Venezuelan nationals called Democratic Responsibility Visa, which can be applied through a consular application if the applicant does not have a criminal background. The visa will be granted for one year which can also be renewed once.
Employers sending foreign nationals to Chile should check the latest visa requirements with an immigration specialist.
Please note that this is general information only and not intended as advice on a specific matter. Please feel free to contact Fakhoury Global Immigration directly with questions exclusive to your situation. This news alert may have been prepared using information from Peregrine Immigration Management, which is licensed to Fakhoury Global Immigration.