Criteria for dependents have changed effective immediately.
Qualifying dependent relationships now include:
- Spouses (opposite and same sex)
- Domestic partners (opposite and same sex)
- Children, grandchildren, and stepchildren who are economically dependent on the sponsor
- Siblings who are financially dependent on the sponsor
- Children under legal guardianship
Dependents may apply at the Brazilian consulate in their home country or within Brazil at the Federal Police if they enter with the main applicant.
Employers should consult an immigration specialist for assistance with obtaining dependent permits to Brazil.
Please note that this is general information only and not intended as advice on a specific matter. Please feel free to contact Fakhoury Global Immigration directly with questions exclusive to your situation. This news alert may have been prepared using information from Peregrine Immigration Management, which is licensed to Fakhoury Global Immigration.