The Ministry of Interior (MoI) and the Ministry of Administrative Development, Social and Labor Affairs (MADLSA) have announced some forthcoming new work and residence permit rules.
The proposed measures include a new temporary work visa and permission for sons of foreign residents to work without changing their family sponsorship.
Temporary Work Visa
- This new visa would be available for urgent, seasonal and short-term work for a specific period up to six months.
- A temporary work visa valid for one month will cost QAR 300; for two months – QAR 500; and for three to six months – QAR 200 per month.
- Further details are not yet available.
Sons of Foreign Residents
- The proposals include permission for the dependent male children of foreign residents to work without changing their family sponsorship but after obtaining the necessary work authorization.
- Currently, male dependents who wish to work must apply for work authorization through a sponsoring employer, and relinquish their dependent status.
Please note that this is general information only and not intended as advice on a specific matter. Please feel free to contact Fakhoury Global Immigration directly with questions exclusive to your situation. This news alert may have been prepared using information from Peregrine Immigration Management, which is licensed to Fakhoury Global Immigration.