Effective January 1, 2020, the minimum qualifying salary for the S Pass will be increased from SGD 2300 to SGD 2400.
- Existing S Passes expiring before January 1, 2020 can be renewed based on the pre-2020 salary requirement.
- Existing S Passes expiring between January 1 and June 30, 2020 can be renewed for up to one year under the pre-2020 salary requirement.
- Existing S Passes expiring from July 1, 2020 onwards can only be renewed if they meet the 2020 minimum salary requirement.
- The salary should reflect work experience. Older, more experienced applicants need higher salaries to qualify.
- Fixed monthly allowances can be included in the salary calculation.
Employers who may be affected are encouraged to review the salaries of their S Pass holders, and to contact an immigration specialist for case-specific advice.
Please note that this is general information only and not intended as advice on a specific matter. Please feel free to contact Fakhoury Global Immigration directly with questions exclusive to your situation. This news alert may have been prepared using information from Peregrine Immigration Management, which is licensed to Fakhoury Global Immigration.