A travel restriction has been placed on foreign nationals who have stayed in the following countries/regions in the past 14 days:
- Asia: Indonesia, Singapore, Thailand, Korea, Taiwan, China (including Hong Kong and Macau), Philippines, Brunei, Vietnam, Malaysia, Maldives
- Oceania: Australia, New Zealand
- North America: Canada, United States
- Latin America: Antigua and Barbuda, Uruguay, Ecuador, Colombia, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Chile, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Panama, Bahamas, Barbados, Brazil, Peru, Bolivia, Honduras, Mexico
- Europe: Iceland, Ireland, Azerbaijan, Albania, Armenia, Andorra, Italy, United Kingdom, Ukraine, Estonia, Austria, Netherlands, Kazakhstan, Northern Macedonia, Cyprus, Greece, Croatia, Kosovo, San Marino, Switzerland, Sweden, Spain, Slovakia, Slovenia, Serbia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Germany, Norway, Vatican, Hungary, Finland, France, Bulgaria, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Poland, Portugal, Malta, Monaco, Moldova, Montenegro, Latvia, Lithuania, Liechtenstein, Romania, Luxembourg, Russia
- Middle East: United Arab Emirates, Israel, Iran, Oman, Qatar, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Bahrain
- Africa: Egypt, Cabo Verde, Gabon, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Democratic Republic of the Congo, São Tomé and Príncipe, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Mauritius, Morocco
Work permit applications have also been suspended until further notice for those that have a travel history to the highly impacted areas. It is possible to continue to submit applications but they will be placed in queue for processing, once that is re-initiated.
Those who may be affected are encouraged to contact an immigration specialist for case-specific advice.
Please note that this is general information only and not intended as advice on a specific matter. Please feel free to contact Fakhoury Global Immigration directly with questions exclusive to your situation. This news alert may have been prepared using information from Peregrine Immigration Management, which is licensed to Fakhoury Global Immigration.