Effective November 1, 2020, all companies (including those registered both with ESD and with MDEC) intending to apply for new or renewal employment permits for foreign workers are required to place an advertisement for the job vacancy for at least 30 days at the MYFutureJobs portal.
The following steps are to be followed:
- First, the employer must register at MYFutureJobs, which may take up to 5 working days.
- Within three days of posting the advert, the employer must complete and submit the PAPD Form online here.
- Within 30 days of posting the advert, there will be interview sessions between the employer representative and potential candidates. The employer must send a Hiring Outcome Report (HOR) to SOCSO (Social Security Organization).
- Within 1 and 30 days after the posting expires, the Expatriates Placement Committee will discuss the position.
- 1 to 3 days after the committee meeting, the outcome (MYFutureJobs Recommendation) will be notified directly to the relevant Approval Agency (MDEC or ESD, etc.)
- Some positions may be exempt from this requirement – namely, “Key Posts”, positions that are difficult to source in Malaysia and renewals of EP Category 1 positions.
- Positions already submitted for advertising on JobsMalaysia will be processed according to the previous eligibility requirements.
Employers who may be affected are encouraged to contact an immigration specialist for general or case-specific advice.
Please note that this is general information only and not intended as advice on a specific matter. Please feel free to contact Fakhoury Global Immigration directly with questions exclusive to your situation. This news alert may have been prepared using information from Peregrine Immigration Management, which is licensed to Fakhoury Global Immigration.