From March 15, 2021, employers who need to bring pass holders to Singapore will need to apply for entry approvals using the ‘Safe Travel portal’ under the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA). Who will be affected? Employers and Work Pass holders who are currently overseas and intending to return to Singapore will be affected by this new update. Implementation As of March 15, 2021, employers with work pass holders, including those on In-Principal Approval (IPA) or Letter of Consent (LOC), who are currently overseas may submit requests for entry into Singapore using the ‘Safe Travel portal’, instead of the Entry Approval FORMSG by the Ministry of Manpower (MOM). The outcome of the request will be released immediately upon successful submission, as opposed to the processing timeline of 1-2 working days by MOM. The new platform will be applicable to the following group of pass holders:
· Employment Pass (EP);
· Long Term Visit Pass (LTVP);
· Those on IPA, Letter of Consent (LOC) and their dependents; and
· S Pass holders who are NOT from the Construction, Marine Shipyard and Process Sectors
Points to take note:
1. The Work Pass holders will be given a grace period of 3 days to arrive in Singapore based on the date of intended arrival declared to the authorities.
2. There will be an upfront payment for the Stay Home Notice (Dedicated Facility) and COVID-19 Test while serving the Stay Home Notice and this payment will have to be made during the entry approval submission stage.
Please note that this is general information only and not intended as advice on a specific matter. Please feel free to contact Fakhoury Global Immigration directly with questions exclusive to your situation. This news alert may have been prepared using information from Peregrine Immigration Management, which is licensed to Fakhoury Global Immigration.